Groundwork Mobile County (GWMC) is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team. Do you have a passion for community service, environmental stewardship, and youth professional development? This opportunity will provide a qualified applicant an opportunity to put their skills, creativity, and leadership to work to build and improve programs that shape the future of GWMC while enriching the lives of participants and the communities we serve.
GWMC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit established in 2019 that is committed to serving, improving, and protecting Mobile County’s diverse natural resources through a variety of projects and programs that benefit the local area. We are committed to the environmental restoration, education, and stewardship of our most vulnerable areas by engaging neighboring communities and including our youth to fulfill our mission.
Groundwork Mobile County’s mission is to build local partnerships and projects to create positive environmental and social change that promote healthy communities and enrich youth development throughout Mobile County.
The Program Manager will oversee the day-to-day coordination and administration of all aspects of existing GWMC programs, and lead development of new programs, including but not limited to, planning, organizing, staffing, etc. The position is a full-time salaried position. The Program Manager will report to the GWMC Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Manager performs a wide range of duties, including but not limited to:
· Lead the implementation of a long-term programmatic vision that builds upon GWMC’s strengths and increases its capacity to fulfill its mission and address community needs, including youth engagement.
· Planning, coordinating, and implementing programs to grow existing ones and develop new ones. This includes grant reporting; expanding Green Team funding and programming; developing workforce programs focused on vacant lot and/or green infrastructure improvements; researching new ideas for programming; and expanding partnerships.
· Help to secure program funding via grant research and writing, and donor cultivation.
· Provide play, learn, work, and serve opportunities for youth living or active in GWMC’s operating area to include: planning, coordinating and implementing community-based conservation activities, neighborhood improvement projects, and enrichment activities such as financial literacy, resume building, career pathways exposure, wellness, and outdoor recreation.
· Planning, coordinating, and implementing projects to provide opportunities for volunteers to be engaged with the GWMC mission. This includes activities such as litter cleanups, a rain barrel program, community gardening, and a day of service.
· Participate in GWMC projects, community programs and events;
· Promote GWMC and its activities on social media;
· Contribute content for quarterly newsletters and/or other communication outlets;
· Collaborate with local colleagues and organizations to implement new and existing programs;
· Assume other duties as needed.
· Must share a passion for Groundwork’s mission;
· Must be a self-starter and work well independently, as well as value collaboration;
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2 or more years of work experience;
· Love of the outdoors and willing to learn how to plan and implement environmental projects;
· Advanced training and/or work experience in youth education/development, environmental studies, natural science, urban ecology, and/or related fields is preferred;
· Work experience managing outdoor projects is preferred;
· Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills;
· Strong oral and written communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal and management skills;
· Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
· Basic electronic communication platform skills including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
· Ability to aid in developing budgets;
· Ability to balance competing priorities and deadlines and handle multiple tasks;
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues;
· Ability to organize time and meet deadlines;
· Candidate must be reliable and flexible;
· Experience working with youth, volunteers and residents from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
· Valid driver’s license required.
The salary for this position is between $35,000 - $40,000 with health insurance, PTO, and retirement included.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com when applying for this position.
The closing date for this position is November 30, 2021.
GWMC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation/identification or any legally protected status.